Love the Farmington River? Join FRWA today! Membership starts at just $50 a year. Since 1953, the Farmington River Watershed Association has been a citizen-based non-profit, dedicated to protecting, preserving, and restoring the Farmington River watershed – for you, for all – forever.
Here are just a few examples of what your membership will help make possible:
- Safeguarding the Farmington River, a clean source of healthy drinking water for one out of every seven people in Connecticut, from old and new pollutants, like PFAS “forever chemicals”;
- Annual testing of hundreds of water samples at FRWA’s laboratory to monitor and protect the Farmington River’s high water quality;
- Building pollinator-friendly, native-plant rain gardens in community parks and public places to demonstrate natural solutions to stormwater runoff pollution, the number one challenge to the Farmington River’s health;
- Giving school children – many who have never ventured to a river before – the chance to explore precious cold-water streams as young scientists-in-training;
- Assessing local stream crossings and culverts to help Farmington Valley towns improve their resilience to extreme weather, flooding, and the climate crisis; and
- Organizing numerous volunteer clean-ups of the Farmington River to keep it free of plastics and litter.
Thank you for all that you do for the beautiful Farmington River, its watershed lands and precious natural resources, and the life that depends on its clean and free-flowing waters.