What does your donation actually mean on the ground (or on the river)? Here are just a few examples of what your donation will help make possible:
- Safeguarding the Farmington River, a clean source of healthy drinking water for one out of every seven people in Connecticut, from old and new pollutants, like PFAS “forever chemicals”;
- Annual testing of hundreds of water samples at FRWA’s laboratory to monitor and protect the Farmington River’s high water quality;
- Building pollinator-friendly, native-plant rain gardens in community parks and public places to demonstrate natural solutions to stormwater runoff pollution, the number one challenge to the Farmington River’s health;
- Giving school children – many who have never ventured to a river before – the chance to explore precious cold-water streams as young scientists-in-training;
- Assessing local stream crossings and culverts to help Farmington Valley towns improve their resilience to extreme weather, flooding, and the climate crisis; and
- Organizing numerous volunteer clean-ups of the Farmington River to keep it free of plastics and litter.
FRWA has an ambitious agenda for 2020, with plans to launch a new project on climate resilience in the Farmington Valley, to grow our new presence and work in Massachusetts, to help establish the new Wild and Scenic committee for the newly-designated lower Farmington River and Salmon Brook, and more.
Your gift can make a huge difference for the better. Thank you for all that you do for the beautiful Farmington River, its watershed lands and precious natural resources, and the life that depends on its clean and free-flowing waters.