As all of us rise to the challenge of the new coronavirus pandemic, we want you to know that FRWA will continue to pursue its mission while also prioritizing the health and safety of the entire FRWA family – supporters and members, partners and allies, Board members and staff.
What does your donation actually mean on the ground (or on the river)? Here are just a few examples of what your donation will help make possible:
- Safeguarding the Farmington River, a clean source of healthy drinking water for one out of every seven people in Connecticut, from old and new pollutants, like PFAS “forever chemicals”;
- Annual testing of hundreds of water samples at FRWA’s laboratory to monitor and protect the Farmington River’s high water quality;
- Building pollinator-friendly, native-plant rain gardens in community parks and public places to demonstrate natural solutions to stormwater runoff pollution, the number one challenge to the Farmington River’s health;
- Giving school children – many who have never ventured to a river before – the chance to explore precious cold-water streams as young scientists-in-training;
- Assessing local stream crossings and culverts to help Farmington Valley towns improve their resilience to extreme weather, flooding, and the climate crisis; and
- Organizing numerous volunteer clean-ups of the Farmington River to keep it free of plastics and litter.
As we have in the decades since our founding in 1953, we remain here for you — our supporters — and for the Farmington River and its watershed lands. We won’t lose sight of that crucial mission and our core values in this time of shared pandemic defense.
Your gift can make a huge difference for the better. Thank you for all that you do for the beautiful Farmington River, its watershed lands and precious natural resources, and the life that depends on its clean and free-flowing waters.